Instructions on how to write an opinion essay
Jump to navigation Jump to search
PURPOSE OF AN OPINION ESSAY
- In an opinion essay you say what you think about a given topic.
- It is essential that you give reasons for your opinions.
- Do not forget that in an opinion essay there are no right or wrong answers. Your are not talking about facts.
STRUCTURE OF AN OPINION ESSAY
- First paragraph: Introduce the topic and state your opinion.
- Middle paragraph(s): Give reasons for your opinion and examples.
- Final paragraph: Summarise your argument and give your conclusions.
TIP Connectors of addition are good to create a cohesive text (in addition, as well as, and, also.)
Go back to the Writing page.