Daily life in Paris in 1896
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Watching the film
You are going to watch a film about Paris in 1896. Do you think films were very common at that time?
Discuss in groups. You will have to share your thoughts with the rest of the class afterwards.
- Do you think Paris was a rich or a poor city?
- Do you think Paris's society was egalitarian?
- Can you name some of the buildings that appear in this film?
- Do they look new or old?
- What were streets like?
- What do you think is innovative in what you see?
- How were rich men dressed?
- How were rich women dressed?
- How were rich children dressed?
- How were poor men dressed?
- How were poor women dressed?
- How were poor children dressed?
Means of Transport
- How did people move around?
- How were goods transported?
- Why do you think so many people stopped to look at the camera?
- Do you know any other things that were invented at that time?
Describing the film
- There was
- There were
- Used to
Go back to the Speaking page.