Asking for permission role play
You will work In pairs. You are a father/mother (Student A) and a son/daughter (Student B)
Student B asks for permission to two requests providing Reason why you think you should have permission
Student A gives permission to ONE request and refuses permission to the other. You should Reason your decision
It is very important that you contextualise your dialogue
- To go to disco this afternoon
- To not do your English homework tonight.
- To invite a friend to stay with you for the weekend
- To go to a school camp in Holand this summer.
- To participate in a Fornite 24 hours competition next Tuesday.
- Can I...?
- Is it all right if I...?
- Is it OK... ?
- Do you mind if....?
- No, you can't
- That's out of the question
- Yes, OK
- I suppose so
- I'm sorry, but no
You have 20 minutes to prepare your dialogue. Your mark will be based on
- Good vocabulary range (20%)
- Good grammar range (20%)
- Pronunciation (20%)
- Fluency (20%)
- Theatrical power (20%)
Go back to the Speaking page.