A film review
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How to write a film review
Write a film review of the film that we have just watched in class.
- Organise your film review in three paragraphs
- First Paragraph - Introduce the film. Include its name and type, and the name of the main characters. You do not have to talk about the actors who play the main characters, as Kung Fu Panda is an animation film. Give your opinion.
- Second Paragraph - provide more details about the plot and what you like or dislike about the film. Often, the present simple is used here.
- Third Paragraph - Say why you think people who read you and have not seen the film would like this film.
- Use at least two connectors of contrast: However, although, on the one hand, on the other hand, but, even if
You have more information about connectors here.
- Do not forget about Style: Film reviews are semi-formal, so you should use contractions, but you must keep a polite tone, and avoid using slang.
- Length: Write at least 80 words
Go back to the writing page.