Daily life in Paris in 1896
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Watching the film
You are going to watch a film about Paris in 1896. Do you think films were very common at that time?
- Do you think Paris was a rich or a poor city?
- Do you think Paris's society was egalitarian?
- Can you name some of the buildings that appear in this film?
- Do they look new or old?
- What were streets like?
- What do you think is innovative in what you see?
- How were rich men dressed?
- How were rich women dressed?
- How were rich children dressed?
- How were poor men dressed?
- How were poor women dressed?
- How were poor children dressed?
Means of Transport
- How did people move around?
- How were goods transported?
- Why do you think so many people stopped to look at the camera?
- Do you know any other things that were invented at that time?
Describing the film
- There was
- There were
- Used to